I had ACDF surgery on my neck and have broke down and had a few cig a day, anyone know if my fusion will work???

I'm sorry you broke down and smoked but I understand how addictive cigarettes are. Smoking after any surgery is serious - it really can hinder healing.

You will have to see how things go and hopefully others who read this can give you the benefit of their experiences. Smoking doesn't automatically mean surgery fails but it really doesn't help as it affects the blood supply and enters toxins into the body when the immune system is low . Try to stop completely , it'll be worth it!

Here's an article we have on smoking and surgery: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/quitting-smoking-surgery-may-reduce-postoperative-complications