I have an 8.9cm ovarian cyst and my CA125 came back 64.7. Should I be worried?

I am having a complete hysterectomy with removal of both ovaries and tubes on Friday afternoon. I am 55 and post-menopausal. My doctor says I am healthy and I am not high risk. Still that CA125 result worries me.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

I'm glad to know your doctor has found you healthy and low risk but am interested to know why you are having a full hysterectomy rather than the cyst removal on it's own. Does your doctor seem this necessary? Do you know why? I understand you are post-menopausal but that's quite a surgery.

I understand your concern about your Ca125 numbers. The normal value is less than 35 U/mL and yours is 64.7. This indicates that you may have a condition (that could easily be benign so try not to worry too much! ) but that will need to be tested further.

Your doctor will work with you on this matter. Please try not to worry too much now, even though it's understandable that it's a stressful issue. Please stay in touch with us.