I missed 1 pill in week 1 of diane 35

I'm taking up Diane 35 and I missed 1 pill in week 1 (5th day) but took it right away at same time as the next pill. My problem is that I had sex the night I missed the pill. What are the possibilities of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi, i have been taking Diane 35 for a year now. However last December, i missed one pill on the 1st week and completely forgot to take it. I took the next pill as per usual and only remembered the missed pill when I noticed that there was an "extra" pill left. I had sex a few days after missing the pill. Is there high risk of getting pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank for your post!

Anytime you miss a pill and don't make it up, there is a risk. But if you have taken all other pills, your risk is very low. If you don't get your period when expected then take a test but again, you don't have too much to worry about.

Thank you, Susan! I have begun to bleed which means I am not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi susan, I missed 1 pill on the 1st day of the week? My 7 days are done but I forgot to take diane 35 on the 8th day. It's my 2nd week now, and I just had sex, but I did not missed any pill at all, just on my 1st day of my 1st week. I am just worried, do I have the risk or being pregnant?

You should have made up that missed pill. You do have some increased risk but likely still quite low.

Anonymous

I miss place the last tablet of diane pills... Do i start another pack without 7days interval? Is it ok to have sex?

It is best not to change your "start date" for your birth control pills, and to begin taking your pills with your new pack on your scheduled day.
If you have sex during your inactive days use a condom as a back up.

Hi I missed 1 pill in my week 3 I used to take my pill on Sunday Nov.8,2015 but I forgot I remember to take it on Nov.9,2015 at 1:30 àm then my pill for that day I mean for Nov.9 I forgot also I take it on Nov.10,2015 at 12:30 am and my pill for Nov.10,2015 I take it at 4pm in the same date and i have sex on this day.is it possible for me to get pregnant I have three more pill to end the blister do I need to discard and change to a new one

You should be ok if you are making them up the next day (and therefore taking two in one day). You need to stop missing pills this way.

Hi Susan
Almost we have the same problem I forgot to take my pill on Monday then I take it on Tue.morning Instead of taking 2 pills I used to take only one because when I drink it at the same time i will vomit my plan is to take my 2nd pill in evening but the problem I fall asleep that's why I can't take my pill until I wake up in Wed. Morning I remember that I i forget to take my pill again i don't know what to do I just decide to drink one pill in morning and in afternoon I take one again and also I have contact with my husband that day of wed. My question is how many days do I missed my pill and do I have high risk to get pregnant I'm in 3rd week of Diane 35 pls help me because I feel so worried because this the first time that happen to me tnx a lot

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :