I missed 1 pill in week 1 of diane 35

I'm taking up Diane 35 and I missed 1 pill in week 1 (5th day) but took it right away at same time as the next pill. My problem is that I had sex the night I missed the pill. What are the possibilities of getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi susan
I've been using pills for 4 years now for the same time but this month I changed the time from evening to morning and on the 3rd day morning and 4th day morning I missed my pills but took 2 pills in the evening in the 4th day, am I still safe?

By the way on my 3rd day I had sex in the evening

Anonymous

Hi Susan, I am using the pill for the couple of months but then I forget to take at the first pill on April 1(Fri), I take on April 2 night the first pill which I missed and after a couple of hours I take the 2nd pill on same day. But then after 2 weeks I think I missed to take the pill, I remember to take the pill on the next day morning and I take the pill on the night also as schedule. I take all the 21 pill but now I am on the 5th day after I completed the 21 pill but still my menstruation don't come. I am worried. I am still safe? Thank You

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It's really important to take you pills every day. But since you made both up properly, your risk should not be raised - you should still get your bleeding in the next day or so. If not ,take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

Hi I somehow keep forgetting to take my tablet the same day and time and having to double up the next day. Is there a possibility of me getting pregnant

The pill is meant to be taken every day so eventually there may be a risk. You need to set an alarm on your phone for the same time every day or choose a different method of birth control.

Anonymous

Hi, i have been taking Diane 35 for a year now. However last December, i missed one pill on the 1st week and completely forgot to take it. I took the next pill as per usual and only remembered the missed pill when I noticed that there was an "extra" pill left. I had sex a few days after missing the pill. Is there high risk of getting pregnant?

Thank for your post!

Anytime you miss a pill and don't make it up, there is a risk. But if you have taken all other pills, your risk is very low. If you don't get your period when expected then take a test but again, you don't have too much to worry about.

Thank you, Susan! I have begun to bleed which means I am not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi susan, I missed 1 pill on the 1st day of the week? My 7 days are done but I forgot to take diane 35 on the 8th day. It's my 2nd week now, and I just had sex, but I did not missed any pill at all, just on my 1st day of my 1st week. I am just worried, do I have the risk or being pregnant?