If my immune system is weak and low to fight infection, what can I do to improve my immune system?

By May 30, 2012 - 5:04pm

Hello booboo,

Before you can boost your immune system, you must know why your immune system is weak.

The immune response can be weakened by various external factors, such as emotional stress, inadequate sleep or certain drug therapies like chemotherapy. Dietary habits, including consuming too much fat, alcohol or inadequate protein, vitamin and calorie intake can have a negative impact on the immune system.

Immunodeficiency disorders can be congenital (at birth) or acquired (such as AIDS) and impair the immune system's ability to fight infections.

By knowing the cause and depending on the cause, you may be able to strengthen your immune system.