I'm in need of a good doctor

I've had horrible problems with my cycle since I was 16 when my mom took my to Obgyn and she put me on birth control. I've been in and out of obgyns that never talked to me about my cycle problems and just kept prescribing pills. They never made me better but made me worse. I then had cervical cancer in 2001 and had 2 cone biopsies instead of a hysterectomy. I was clear for a while but always went through horrible pain and issues. I had endo, and other issues where I couldn't conceive. We did ivf in 2008 and 09 then had twins. After my kids were born my health deteriorated with a horrible case of post pardum depression. It's been hell for last 5 yrs. need a dr that doesn't go on blood tests alone. One that can help me with my severe issues related to cycle and I'm in Perimenopause. I feel crazy 2-3 weeks a month. It's so hard in my area to find someone that believes my issues are hormone related and I'm desperate for someone that can help me.

I suggest that in addition to working with a doctor, you work alongside a holistic doctor or naturopath and explore herbal remedies as well a options like acupuncture. Do some research in your town and ask around for a recommendation. Read up (you can start with our site!) on natural methods of dealing with peri menopause/menopause and keep educating yourself. If your library or community ed. have any classes on nutrition as medicine, take them.

Also consider a doctor who specializes in women with your issues rather than a general ob/gyn.

I wish you the best,