My legs and calf swall for no reason. I am( 230 lb. 5ft 5 in. ) and 53 yr of age fairly active.

only resently the problem have accur. Please suggest something to stop the swalling, my diet is a basic one. balanced, I sleep 8 to 9 hrs a night.

At 5'5" and 230, your weight is very unhealthy, even if you are active and eat well. Even a muscular athlete would not weigh anywhere near that (muscle is heavier than fat).

So an evaluation needs to happen to see why you are weighing so much, while eating well and being active. You may have an underlying condition you are unaware of.

As to your swelling, there is always a reason for this. It could be edema. You can read all about edama here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/edema

Risk factors for edema are being over-weight, older age, or perhaps even a blood clot. It could also be a sign of kidney or heart issues.

It could also be an infection.

I think it's very important for you to be evaluated by a health care professional. Something like a blood clot needs treatment as soon as possible.

Are you in any kind of hormone replacement therapy? This can also cause swelling.