Q: 

My period is really late but i've never had sex.

By Anonymous February 2, 2010 - 1:37am

I'm quite anxious because i've never been late in my life, i'm always early if anything, and i haven't had my period in about forty days. I'm really worried because i hadn't noticed but i weighed myself recently and i've gained a few pounds. I can't be pregnant right? I am a virgin. Thank you!

Anonymous

I am 13 years old but I haven't gotten my period in 30 days, usually my periods are late but not this much. I've been thinking of my eating habits and I realized I haven't been eating. At school you pay for your meals and I've been skipping nutrition and lunch since I don't have money. But can not eating really influence your period? I am extremely worried.

Hello Anon

You live in the USA - schools also allow a student to bring their own lunches. They have to, in order to cater to allergies, religious diets and other allowances. You will also qualify for free lunch -
by law.

Lack of nutrition can affect the cycle.

Anonymous

Hi, ive recently turned 16 and I’m a virgin, but I’m on the 45 day of my cycle and I haven’t gotten my period. I’m sorta worried because in the past all of my periods have came on time and been consistent. Help

Hello Anon
You may have had imbalanced hormones this month - give yourself another two weeks to see what happens and if it still hasn't come, consider getting a blood test done to see if your hormones are out of order.

Anonymous

I’m 15 and I haven’t had my period In 2 months and I’m not sexually active, but my stomach has almost sort of a heartbeat which shouldn’t be there

Anonymous

Hi it’s audrey again and I’m a virgin

Anonymous

Hi I’m 13 and I missed my period by couple days and I have an app and the days keep changing on it and it’s day 40 without my period and I have iron problems and I have bad anxiety so I don’t know what to do ? And I’m having cramps and everything. Audrey

Hello Anon
There isn't much you can do on your own - at 13, it's common for periods to be irregular for several years. Anxiety can also be a cause. Talk to your parents about this and ask to see your doctor.

Anonymous

hey I'm 13 but I've had my period since I was 11 and I have never been late ever, it always comes the same time of the month and I've really never missed. It has been 2 months since my last period, I've never had sex or done anything like that. I haven't been exercising lately nor been under a lot of stress so I don't know what is cause this. Is there any chance you can be present with out having sex or doing anything like that. Im very worried and don't know what is causing this. I am also very mature for my age and have devolped a lot and I haven't lost any weight. Plz send help

Hello Anon

You are not pregnant, your cycle is just a irregular. This can happen at any time, especially in the early teens.