Q: 

My period is really late but i've never had sex.

By Anonymous February 2, 2010 - 1:37am

I'm quite anxious because i've never been late in my life, i'm always early if anything, and i haven't had my period in about forty days. I'm really worried because i hadn't noticed but i weighed myself recently and i've gained a few pounds. I can't be pregnant right? I am a virgin. Thank you!

Anonymous

Hi Susan
I'm 25 virigin. Initially periods were late from 3-4 days but then ny cycle entended from 28 to 30 then 35 and this month it has been 40 days now and I didnt get my periods.
P.S I have had thyriod but it has been cured by radiotherapy last year, I'm all clear with thyroid now.

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing.

You need to see your doctor about getting your reproductive hormones tested. A blood test can let you know if you have a hormonal disorder that is causing irregularity in your cycle.

Anonymous

Hey Susan
I'm thirteen and I'm late for my period. My last one lasted two days and was also late and I'm a virgin. What should I do?
Alexandra

Hello Alexandra

At 13, you may find your period are irregular a lot. There is nothing to do but wait for it and be prepared at all times, in case it comes along. It can take a few years to become regular when you're a teenager. It's annoying but for some girls, it takes a long time for the menstrual cycle to regulate.

Anonymous

Hi um I'm 13 and I haven't had my period since August what happened I'm a virgin.

Anonymous

Hi Susan, I'm sixteen and I'm a virgin and I've only had my period twice this year. I got Jan. 2017 an July 2017. Is there a reason for that?
Thank You,
Anon

Hello Anon

It sounds like you may have a hormonal disorder. At 16, your period should be fairly well established but since it's irregular, something like PCOS - polycystic ovaries, could be going on.
Some blood tests can be done to let you know more.

Anonymous

I have never had sex, but I’ve done other things and I’m late on my period. Should I be scared?

Hello Anon

It depends on what "other things" are.

A woman cannot get pregnant unless she has unprotected sex (naked) with ejaculation. She would also have to be ovulating.

Anonymous

I am 15 and I haven’t had my period in 7 months, I still get the pains worse than normal but no blood. I have never had sex or done any other sexually interactive thing. I’m not sure what this means