My period is really late but i've never had sex.

By Anonymous February 2, 2010 - 1:37am

I'm quite anxious because i've never been late in my life, i'm always early if anything, and i haven't had my period in about forty days. I'm really worried because i hadn't noticed but i weighed myself recently and i've gained a few pounds. I can't be pregnant right? I am a virgin. Thank you!

HI, I just started my period on December 1st and finished December 4th 2015. We are January 6th and it's been 33 days since my last period. I've noticed I've gained wait. I've never had sex so I'm worried something is wrong with me. Please help

i am 27 years old, and i have never had sex since five years ago, last december i did not see my period , this year february i saw it but it was unusual instead of five days , it came only for two days.... in month of march this year, i have not seen it and i surpose to see it on 13th of march, instead of me to see my period ,i only feel the usual signs and pains on my waist, laps and the heavyness of my vigina but i did not see my period up till this moment and i am so worry.please what could have happy to me...?

(reply to Anonymous)

Your duplicate question has been answered here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/iregular-period

thank you so much, i'm such a hypochondriac and that's probably why. okay great, that's been really helpful. i haven't changed my diet that much, and i'm on the same medication i've been on for the past year so that's probably not it. i was just worried because i've been working out and my weight was going up rather than down..
so thanks a lot!

Dear Anon,

No, you cannot be pregnant if you have not had sex before. How old are you? Many times teenagers have a tendency to have irregular periods that will regulate themselves over time. This is nothing to worry about. Gaining a few pounds unfortunately does not just occur with pregnancy (though I wish that was the case). You may be retaining water due to an oncoming period and this is probably why you've got the extra lbs on you.

If you are a virgin then you can not be pregnant. How old are you? Are you on any kind of medication? Have you changed your diet?