my thyroid value is 6.43 what type of thyroid is this kindly answer my question

By Anonymous March 29, 2015 - 8:30am

Your answer depends on the type of test your doctor performed. 

Generally, a normal range is .5 to 5.5 which would indicate you are slighly high and may have a hyper thyroid. 

But a test called Total Thyroxine can show normal ranges from 4.5 to 12.5. 

Also, it's quite interesting to note that certain countries have different levels of "normal". The numbers I am giving you are US norms. 

Ask your doctor which test was performed. Your doctor needs to interpret these findings for you. 

Hyperthyroidism Guide