Pain after a cortozone shot

I'm 46, and I have Sickle Cell Anemia. My right hip has been hurtig for about two years off & on, I saw a Orthopedic (who says I also have Avascular Nucrosis, which is deteration of the bones) I saw my doctor last week, & he said the problem I was having is Tendonitis. He gave me a Cortozone shot. (That actually helped), however, I'm still having a LOT of pain from that. Is that normal? What can I do?
Thank you

I am glad the cortisone shot helped you but am sorry the actual place where you got the shot still hurts. It sounds like he may have hit a nerve or a part of the muscle that's sensitive.

Are ice packs helpful? Does the location feel bruised or like a muscle tear?

Some shots do cause pain and take time to heal but a week is a fair amount of time which leads me to think there may be a chance that a muscle/tendon has been damaged.

Can you tell me where on the hip you got the shot? And have you called his office about it?
I hope to hear back from you soon!