Plan B symptoms or implantation?

By April 15, 2013 - 9:27am

I took plan b on Monday April 8. Now a week later I'm having spotting that is bright red. It's similar to starting a light period. Everything I've read about plan b said it should be brown discharge. Is this a plan b symtom or implantation? Help....

Hi nasa

There are lno hard and fast rules about the kind of color of bleeding with regard to either Plan B or implantation bleeding.

Implantation bleeding can be light brown or light pink or a few red droplets - the same with Plan B.

The good news is that Plan B is about 93% effective. But that means that there are still risks. If you want to take a pregnancy test to make sure you're not pregnant (and the odds are that you are not) then a test will be accurate 12-14 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.

I hope this helps,

Thanks you for your help. It's comforting to hear. A follow up question though, how long should the spotting go on for, for either one?