By March 14, 2013 - 6:24am

Hello, i am very nervous about asking this question because I'm not sure if it's a really valid question. Ok I've been keeping track of my cycle from December '12 and my first day of my last period then was on the 5th, January 4th '13, February 5th '13, March i have still not seen my period, i had intercourse on the 9th and 10th to this day still no sign of my period, what could be wrong?

Hi Kimmy04

The first sign of pregnancy is usually a skipped period so take a pregnancy test to rule that out. Having you been having unprotected sex in February?

Are you usually regular - you seem to be but I just want to check.

Other reasons for delayed periods or skipped periods include stress, reproductive conditions like polycystic ovaries, other health conditions, a poor diet, over-exercise or medications.

Could anything like the above be a factor?

I haven't had any sexual intercourse in the past couple of month's have always had a regular period, only had intercourse on the 9th and 10th of March, haven't been on any medication either Nor have i changed my diet. How soon can i take a test?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Kimmy04)

You can test as soon as you are late, so any time now.