Pregnancy worries WITHOUT intercourse?

I can't believe I'm asking this but I'm starting to freak out a little bit.
A few days after my period ended, my boyfriend and I were "messing around." He put his bare penis up to my bare vagina and started rubbing before I told him to stop and put on a condom. (I'm not on any other form of birth control right now.) No ejaculation and no penetration, just possible precm on my vagina.
I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now my period is a few days late - I've had some weird light brown spotting with period-esque cramps, but no period. My breasts are tender and look a little bigger to me, and my skin has absolutely exploded with acne (although that is not unusual for me). I'm kind of freaking out.

I am absolutely exhausted, but to be fair, I have been sleeping an average of four hours a night and have a whole lot of stress in my life right now. We haven't even had sex yet because I am undergoing treatment for vaginsmus - penetration and intercourse is too painful for me, something I'm working on with physical therapy.

I took a sensitive early test the day my period should have come, and it was negative, but still no period. A pregnancy would be absolutely devastating, especially without intercourse - I'm not even sure my boyfriend would believe me. :(

I should mention that I recently stopped taking the Pill because it was making me super depressed and physically ill. I was told to expect some cycle weirdness after stopping, but I'd gone through two full cycles and my period seemed perfectly normal.
Am I making myself nuts or is there a real risk here?

Thanks very much for your help.

Anonymous

Hi, last week me and my boyfriend were messing around in his condo. His penis never had direct contact with my vagina, but we were constantly dry humping in our underwear. We both were really wet, and there were wet stains on his undies, which we weren't sure was his or mine (most probably mine since i had an orgasm and he didnt ejaculate). He also constantly fingers me, and we're both not sure if he has precum on his fingers, and are worried that precum couldve got in my vagina..

We both never had sex ed before, but we know that i cant get pregnant unless he ejaculates inside of me. But we cant help but feel super uper scared since we come from a traditionally strong background. My period is now late 4 days, on going 5, and the longer it delays, the more scared we get.

To be fair, i just travelled back home 7 days ago, and got sick afterwards. Yesterday i started to want to vomit, although all that came out was air. HOWever, that might've been caused by irregular eating patterns and heartburn, since i ate very little and drank medicine the day before. In addition to this, ive been having panic attacks and am constantly stressing out about the possibility of being pregnant. I've been heavily stressed over the last month over school work as well, although not as stressed as this.

My period rarely comes in late, usually on time if not earlier. Please someone help me answer this, it would mean the whole entire world to me, thankyou SO much.

It seems you know you can't get pregnant but are having a lot of anxiety. Take a pregnancy test and you'll know where you stand straight away. It's worth it for the peace of mind.

Anonymous

I also had the same situation happen. It was around a week after my period ended and we were both naked and he rubbed his against mine and there could have been pre cm. He never ejaculated and hadn't before then but I am worried sick.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Pre ejaculate fluid itself does not contain sperm. If he had a recent ejaculation, some sperm may have remained in his urethra. But, if he urinated, any sperm was flushed out.

Otherwise, without penetration and ejaculation, there was no risk. Wait for your period, then you will know.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello!
I have a very irregular menstrual cycle lasted for 35-60 days. A month and half ago on my 23rd day of cycle I did make out with my boyfriend. I was naked while he just wore boxers. There was no penetration. But we both were wet. About 2 week ago, i experienced 6 days of brown vaginal discharge. I thought it was period. But after googling around, i found out that it can be one of the early symptoms of pregnancy. So my biggest concern is that can i get pregnant without penetration with my boyfriend boxers on? If not, why after 66 days of cycle i still did not have my period? And what is the significant of having brown vaginal discharge?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Pregnancy is not possible without penetration and ejaculation. Sperm must enter the female to fertilize a released egg for conception to happen.

I do not know why you have not gotten a period yet. Stress, a hormonal imbalance, traveling and illness are just a few things that can delay the start of a period.

Brown vaginal discharge is old blood and uterine lining left from your last period. Please consider speaking with a gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello,
Right before I went off to college a friend that I had a thing with met up with me and we "messed around" but there was no penetration. It's been two weeks since that night and my hasn't had her period in two weeks. I hadn't ejaculated two days prior to our encounter that and I urinated literally right before we started engaging in contact. We were naked and my penis may have grazed over her vagina, I don't 100% remember. I ejaculated on her back and no semen got near her vagina area. We're both freaking out and I recommended that she goes to the doctor but she wants to give it another week. Should we be worried? This is her senior year and shes taking 7 classes so she is under a lot stress but she told me that stress have never caused her to miss her period before.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

She could just take a home pregnancy test. Test in the morning and use the urine when she wakes up and uses the bathroom.

Stress can indeed delay the start of a period.

Regards,

Anonymous

please respond to my last comment, it got worse, now she found an abnormal amount of cervical mucus by her vaginal opening that she said kind of looked like sperm or handsoap (before exposed to water) could this be another symptom ?! we're just really worried, we never have intercourse to not have to worry about these types of stuff but we dont understand why all the symptoms are there, we just need reassurance.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I can appreciate how worried both of you must be, but do try to calm down. The increased amount of vaginal discharge is most likely associated with ovulation and not pregnancy.

As I mentioned in my reply to your first post, I could not see how she would have been at any risk. Anxiety could be causing her to have diarrhea.

Regards,