Wellness

ask: questions about low out of range DHEA, Vitamin D and Estrogen dominance

By srichman

I have some questions about low out of range DHEA, Vitamin D and Estrogen dominance.

I have been suffering from extreme fatigue, lowest mood possible, weight gain, memory loss and foggy minded, inability to lose weight on reduced calories and exercise and am always craving carbs/sweets. I have no stamina and energy. No libido and very moody.

I am a 45 year old with regular periods that come every 25-30 days.

Could my low out of range DHEA, Vitamin D and Estrogen dominance have much to do with this?

Antidepressants did not help and actually made my symptoms worse.

What are the direct symptoms of:
low out of range DHEA, Vitamin D and Estrogen dominance?

I feel like I am going nuts and losing my former attractive hopeful and slender self.

Anonymous

Hi srichman,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  DHEA levels in the body begin to decrease after age 30, and are reported to be low in some people with anorexia, end-stage kidney disease, type 2 diabetes, AIDS, adrenal insufficiency, and in the critically ill. Some of the symptoms of low DHEA in women are. Anxiety, depression, low libido and bone density. 

Symptoms of bone pain and muscle weakness can mean you have a vitamin D deficiency. However, for many people, the symptoms are subtle. Yet even without symptoms, too little vitamin D can pose health risks. Low blood levels of the vitamin have been associated with the following: Increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease, cognitive impairment in older adults, severe asthma in children, cancer. Also, some of the symptoms of estrogen dominance are hair loss, reduced sex drive, dry eyes, foggy thinking and gallbladder disease.

Daisy

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: