Wellness

ask: Red fingertips, what does this mean???

I have always had bright red fingertips. starting from the end knuckle to the tips. I always put it down to my skin and nail biting, however, I have not bitten them in years but my fingers have remained red. Does anyone know why this is??

Anonymous

Alison Beaver, poor circulation, especially in places such as the hands, is not a condition that needs to be monitored by a doctor. One, there is absolutely nothing a doctor is able to do about poor circulation. Two, the "side effects" (if you may) are very insignificant, if not nonexistant, apart from cold hands or feet.

If you have been told (by a doctor?) that you have poor circulation, it is important to have this medically evaluated again, and you may need to have this condition monitored.

Are you able to see a doctor?

Red fingertips could indicate many conditions, but if you have "always" had this, and see your doctor on a regular basis...I am wondering what has happened recently (new symptom?) that is triggering your current question?

If your skin is red, it could indicate poor circulation, skin allergy or other medical conditions. It could be the pigmentation in your skin. Have you ever asked a doctor about this?

It is important to have this medically evaluated, so as to rule out any medical conditions. Do you have access to a primary care physician or Dermatologist?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

I was told a long time ago i had bad circulation as my hands are always freezing. I am asking now as I am tired of being told by family members to stop biting my skin as my fingers are red! I have to keep explaining that I no longer do this and so they ask why they are red. At least now I have some sort of explanation. Thanks

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: