Sore, tired, growing waist

By January 16, 2012 - 9:04pm

I have been having really odd symptoms. I had two very sketchy, light brown periods with some tissue in them. I am tired all of the time, my back hurts, I can't sleep no matter what I try, and my abdomen feels as if it is bruised when I touch it. On top of this, my waist has grown one inch (it has been 26 inches for 8 years now) and my belly is taking on a rounded form. I have taken 4 negative hpt's, three diff brands.

More background- I am 21 years old, female, last sexually active just over 5 weeks ago. Been on b/c for over a year and a half.

Hi nichole_17,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  The fact your cycle has changed and you are experiencing tender abdomen.  It's important for you to see a doctor soon.  These can be some of the causes of your symptoms. 

ectopic pregnancy

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

Ovarian Cysts

Uterine Fibroids

That's why is very important you see your doctor and he might suggest imaging test to be done.