Took plan b after unprotected sex but I started having vaginal bleeding after 5 days.

By January 4, 2012 - 10:40am

My name is Samantha and I'm 17. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 3 days after I finished my period. Two hours after the sex I went to zellers and bought plan b. I took the pills together about half an hour after. 5 days later, being yesterda, I woke up and went to the washroom and saw blood when I wiped. The blood wasnt heavy but it want light. It would only show when I went to the washroom. Today I woke up with blood in my panties and when I went to the washroom I bled so much globby blood that I didn't want to get up.

Can you please Tell me what's going on? I'm really scared and the other comments on this site didn't help me.

Hi Samantha

I'm not sure how other posts didn't help you, we have answered this question several hundred times - you can find all you need to know here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/i-got-my-period-after-taking-plan-...

Bleeding in a common side effect of Plan B. It doesn't mean you are not pregnant or are pregnant, it's a side effect due to the hormonal surge of the medication.Your next period may be irregular as a result. If you are concerned, you can take a pregnancy test about 3 weeks after you had unprotected sex for an accurate answer.

Always read the side effects listed on your medication - that will help to ease your mind. And check out the Plan B website that will answer all your questions!