Very over active Thyroid Glans

By Anonymous December 26, 2012 - 8:17am

I have been tested & my thyroid is very over active so hospital has scanned me & then I was given a radiation pill to kill my gland's. They said it would take up to 2 week's & they would have to take blood to test again if it worked. My question is they said they would have to maybe have to do it again. I want to know if there is another treatment to cure this because the fear of to much radiation. I have Lupus & Fibromyalgia & COPD also. I need to know if this is a good treatment or is there another safer way to go about this?

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Medication is usually a way to treat hyperthyroidism symptoms.  But, it's important for you to discuss with your doctor specially a specialist such as an Endocrinologist in finding the right treatment for you.  

Here are some resources for you

Hyperthyroidism Guide