Is waist training harmful?

By HERWriter Guide February 13, 2015 - 11:46am

What's up with this waist training trend? I've seen this trend becoming more popular, and even Kim Kardashian has been talking about it. But is it safe? Women have started to wear corsets with the purpose of attaining the so-called hourglass figure, but it seems painful and even dangerous to me.

What are your thoughts? 

Hi daniluna

Interesting question! 

Kim Kardashian is famous for a sex tape and having a huge ass and ego so I think we can safely dismiss anything she has to say! :)

I'm not a huge fan of waist-training. It is not natural and can cause breathing problems so nobody should exercise or exert themselves while wearing one.   It also creates unrealistic versions of what a female should look like.  

But a waist cincher is fine if wearing a dress that makes us look boxy. It's ok for something temporary but just remember that it just sends the fat somewhere else - it all returns when the waist trainer comes off! 

If women want curves, they need to eat healthfully and exercise! 

HERWriter Guide (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi Susan, 

Thank you for your input. It does seem to me like wearing one could constrict your breathing. I was doing some research, and it looks like a corset can put a lot of unnecessary pressure on the internal organs. Having to wear one every day just seems like a hassle!