Wha could this be?

By November 3, 2011 - 11:31pm

Hi. Im 18 years old and im very curious about this. I have a small bump right below my pee hole. I believe its called urethra. I can feel the bump if i reach down and touch the opening of my vagina. It is right inside of my urethra and its about the size of a pea. It hurts when i touch it and it hurts when i have sex. I feel the pain when my boyfriends penis pushes against that area which is basically the whole time we are having sex. I can also feel it and it hurts when i sit down sometimes. The moment i sit down i put pressure on it and it hurts. I doesnt hurt or bother me when i pee. It onpy hurts when it is touched. Some additional information; It cant be an std because i have only had one partner and we lost our virginity to each other. We have been together for four years. I have also been tested for std's like about 6 months ago when i went to get a birth control shot. I tested negative for evrything and the nurse said i was good. I stop using the shot for birth control because it made me gain about 25 pounds. I didnt like the side effect so i didnt go back for anotherone. We use condoms sometimes but it cant be an alergic reaction because i have never had a problem with condoms. And im not alergic to anything. And by the way, this is the seconnd time its happened to me. both times this year. The first time i had the same symptoms but then it went away within a couple of weeks. It has come back now and im very concerned. please please please! What could it be? I reallyappreciate any information!

Hi Sharon98

A bump in your urethra that's the size of a pea is pretty big and requires a doctor visit. You may have some kind of cyst that needs to be diagnosed.

From what you have said, it doesn't sound like an STD (unless your boyfriend has had sexual contact with someone else at some stage in the past 6 years) but a lump like this needs to be checked, especially if you are in pain. It sounds very uncomfortable.

Please make a doctor appointment and let us know how it goes! It's better to be safe than sorry.