What are the chances of getting tonsillitis?

It was a day or two before he went to the doctor to get antibiotics. Weird thing is, the doctor diagnosed him but knew he has no tonsils... It has been 5 days since I was first exposed and I've kissed him since. What are the chances that I'll get it? I really want to get sick because I hate my job and don't want to go to work Monday :(

The germs that cause viral and bacterial tonsillitis are contagious.  But trying to get sick from Tonsillitis, so you don't have to go to work  is not the right way.