Pulmonary Embolism

Pulmonary Embolism Guide

ask: What are the risks associated with pregnancy after a previous pregnancy with Pulmonary Embolism?

When I was 8 weeks, 4 days pregnant in 2008, I suffered from multiple, bi-lateral PE's. I spoke with a hematologist about the dangers associated and was given a preventative plan should pregnancy occur again. The MD did not advise for or against it. I want to be sure that if I were to conceive, it would not be fatal to me. Should pregnancy occur a preventative dose of Lovenox would be prescribed. I underwent extensive testing to determine the cause of the PE, and the only answer I received was pregnancy.

Hi,
I found an article for you that may give you more information and help you make a decision. "Pulmonary Embolism and Pregnancy"
http://www.thoracic.org/chapters/thoracic-society-chapters/ca/publicatio...
Pulmonary embolism can be fatal.

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window