What are some good pre and post workout snacks?

I like to eat a light snack before I work out for energy as well as after I work out to refuel. I don't want to eat anything too heavy either. Do you have any healthy recommendations for pre and post workout snacks? Should snacks for before and after working out be different?

Hi imranikahn! 

It's good to eat a pre-workout snack - you're right, it gives you energy but doesn't fill you as this can cause discomfort, fatigue, nausea and even vomiting. 

Some snacks are better for before and some after. Timing is also important! 

Read about all your options here, with tips, suggestions, food choices and the reasons behind them-  all concerning both pre and post workout nutrition:

Let me know if this helps you! 

Fitness Guide