ask: What are some simple healthy recipes to make this summer?

By Jenny Housh HERWriter July 12, 2014 - 10:29am

I love cooking and testing out new recipes! I especially like using healthy ingredients. Do you have any recommendations for some quick, healthy recipes I can make this summer?

Hi Jenny! 

Thanks for this question. 

I'm not much of a cook at all but I make some mean salads (I really love salads).

Here is my fav

Selection of lettuce leaves (no ice berg lettuce/little nutrition).

Tomatoes, cucumbers, sugar snap peas and red onions. 

Blue cheese

Raw almonds. 

Low fat dressing or balsamic. 

It's absolutely delicious and has enough protein, calcium, omega 3, minerals and vitamins to be a full and healthy meal and great for vegetarians. 

For other great summer recipes, check our Recipes and Cooking section here - you could fill a book with what you will find!

Happy eating!

Recipes & Cooking

Recipes & Cooking Guide

Christine Jeffries

What is Your Top Trick to Avoid Calorie Traps at Holiday Parties?: