Wellness

ask: What is the best advice your mom has ever given you?

By Shana O'Connor Guide Blogger

Mom knows best...even when we sometimes don't like to admit it. She always has answers and advice that one way or another end up being true or useful. She gives us advice when we don't even know she's giving us advice! Moms just work like that.

Most of us have received similar advice from our own moms, but some advice just sticks with us more than others.

What is the best advice your mom has given you?

Shana O'Connor Guide Blogger

One of my favorite things my mom has ever told me is that you must take small steps to big change.

She found an article in the newspaper several years ago that had that very message and it has always stuck with me! It focuses on what you will do "just for today."

I even shared the article on the site a few years ago. Check out it here!

saradietz

The best advice my mom has ever given me is to be able to take care of myself, not have anyone do anything for me. From an early age I did my own laundry, knew how to cook, stayed home alone, had chores, and always cleaned up after myself. I think in learning these things growing up helped me to become much more mature and independent when I left for college and lived on my own.

Shana O'Connor Guide Blogger (reply to saradietz)

Sara, that is great advice from your mom! So glad you shared.

I think it is sooo important to be independent at an early age and know how to take care of yourself!

Mom knows best :)

The best advice my mother ever gave me was...when doubtful, ask a question. You will get a yes or no. If you don't ask, you will never know.

Shana O'Connor Guide Blogger (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

That is excellent advice, Maryann. I love that!

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: