what do i need to do, is this normal?

By January 27, 2012 - 10:05am

Hello, I am a 21 yr old mother of 2, and i just had my period on the 11th of January, on the 15th we had a misshap with a condom that broke and the following morning took a Plan B pill, now its the 27th of January i woke up and my sheets had blood on them and theres no smell, i am having stomach pain and back pain is this normal? I honestly dont know what to do please help

Hi daisyt69

You are about two weeks into your cycle and it's a little late for this bleeding to be a direct side effect of emergency contraception but what EC can do it cause your next period to be irregular. This means you may be experiencing a period. You could also be experiencing a miscarriage but only a doctor can confirm this.

Either way, it's a good idea to call your doctor and get seen, because it could be something different that needs medical attention. Please call as soon as possible.