What do you consider cheating/infidelity?

By September 18, 2008 - 1:38pm

What is cheating?

Is it sex? Or sneaky, sexy emails to an old flame or co-worker? Paying for a lap dance at a strip club? Kissing? Omission of facts - like who was really at the bar when you had drinks with the girls or guys?

What constitutes cheating in a relationship, to you?

What does one consider to be cheating...what does one consider to be a lie...simply put, "intention to deceive".

If you tell your boyfriend, significant other what you are doing or have done it is not cheating. Cheating is something that is done behind his back without him knowing.

Great question!

I suppose it's all relative and subjective, isn't it?

Finding another human (who is not your partner) attractive is normal. It's not like you lose your hormones once you partner up! Denying you find another human being attractive is pretty much like denying you're human! It's what you do with those feelings that counts.

my question is:
is it considered cheating if you check out another guy/girl and think they're cute/hot/pretty/handsome, but have stronger feelings for your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend?

In my opinion, sex or an emotional attachment would be considered cheating. I think even though we are married or in long term relationships, we are not dead. What I mean is that we will always consider someone good looking, attractive or on another thought, I think everyone deserves a comment on their appearance. It boosts the ego. Makes us feel great about ourselves.

On the other hand, in my personal relationships, I had a guy that could not get away from a Playstation and I felt like that was cheating since he spent most of his time on games and not with me. I never ask for much time, because I am one busy woman, but when I did have time, I had to watch some military game where there was nothing but killing and massacre. It didn't seem fair.

What about masturbation? Pornography? Sex toys? Would you consider these things infidelity?