ask: what does ulcerated uterus mean for the future?

I would like to know if i could ever concieve? And abit about what it is and what it means for me. Also how i got it, im seriously confused.

Anonymous

Thats what i thought, and yes my doctor told me straight after a pap smear i have an ulcerated uterus. And i have to go see a gynocologist. Thats wuy im not understanding it, i have mouth ulcers but i didnt see how ulcers would be on my uterus in the normal term ulcer. But aparently another name for it is prolapsed uterus. I dont know about that either...

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for getting back with more information.

Your uterus is normally held in place inside your pelvis with various muscles, tissue, and ligaments. Sometimes, these muscles weaken, causing the uterus to collapse into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.

Ulceration and infection of the cervix and vaginal walls may occur in severe cases of uterine prolapse.

During your visit with the gynecologist, be sure to ask what treatment is recommended and if this condition poses a decreased chance of every becoming pregnant.

Have you spoken with your physician about this diagnosis? I am not aware of this condition, nor could I find any information for you. Ulcerated refers to having an ulcer or a break in the bodily membrane which impedes the organ and its normal functions.

How do you control your PMS?: