What more you think I can do?

By September 9, 2014 - 7:55pm

Hi, There is something I want to know which is I have gastritis and I want to know can gastritis become severe after awhile? I have gastritis and I'm very uncomfortable like this tomorrow I'm actually going to see my GI doctor and he told me there is no cure to gastritis and I'm very bothered by his answer. I want to know what other ways and options there are for me to get rid of this issue? Main major thing I know is I have a fullness feeling in my stomach, I have nausea and no appetite. I also do know end of next week I'm having abdominal CT. Please let me know about this soon.

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your question - I'm sorry you have this diagnosis, it can be very painful.

Treatment for gastritis includes:

Treatment may include:

These include:

• Antacids
  • H2blockers
  • Proton pump inhibitors
  • Antibiotics to treatHelicobacter pyloriinfection

Talk to your doctor about these options. 

• Avoid alcohol.
  • Do not smoke.
  • Ask your doctor if any of the medications you are taking might be irritating your stomach. You might need to change your current medicines. You may need to take another medication to coat and protect your stomach lining.
  • If you notice that certain foods are irritating, stop eating them. Spicy food can cause irritation. Some people feel better when they eat a bland diet.

We wish you luck with your procedure this week and remember that you can ask your doctors any questions you like - you don't need permission to ask these questions! 

Thank you for your reply. I want to know since gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining does it mean the lining of the stomach is the skin of the stomach? Please let me know because when I squeeze my stomach I have pain in the skin of my stomach.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa!

Lining is lining, I don't know how to call it anything else but lining is the tissue that forms the walls and floor of the stomach.

Thanks for your reply. I'm just trying to understand the exact meaning of this so from what you are saying is when a person has gastritis means the lining of the stomach which is the walls and floors of the stomach are inflamed? Would you know how a person can uninflame it?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa

Yes, that is what I meant. 

We have already discussed the treatments to stop or ease inflammation, I listed them all above. Continue to work with your doctor. I know this is a very painful condition so I hope you are feeling better soon.

Gastritis Guide