What is a normal blood pressure level?

How can I tell what the "normal" range for my blood pressure is? What does each number mean and how do I know when it becomes too high or too low? Does this really matter if i'm in generally good health?

Welcome to EmpowHER. Systolic is the top number that measures the pressure in the arteries, when the heart beats. Diastolic the bottom number, measure the pressure in the arteries between heartbeats. The top number (systolic) should be below 120 and the bottom number (diastolic) should be below 80. 120-139 or 80-89 is considered Prehypertension.  Hope this has helped?