What is tingling sensation in hands and other parts of the body?

Anon - Thanks for the additional information. Iron deficiency can result in what's known as restless legs syndrome, that's a very uncomfortable tingling or crawling feeling in your legs, but you've indicated you're having sensations elsewhere. I'm going to provide some links to information on anemia and sickle cell so you can see if you have any additional symptoms related to those conditions and so that you also have more information on hand should you need it.

Tingling sensations can sometimes be an indicator of anxiety, but they could also indicate an underlying medical issue. It's unusual to have sensations in the extremities (your hands) as well as the stomach, so it It really would be best to see your medical care provider about this. I would also get a blood work up done in light of the sickle cell trait. Let me know what you learn, and good luck to you! Pat

Many things can cause a tingling sensation. Can you please provide more information about your situation, such as how long you have experienced this, whether you are having pain, how often you experience this and anything else that will help in better understanding what you're dealing with. Thanks.

Anonymous (reply to Pat Elliott)

It's like a numbness in finger tips and hands and stomach area. It happens randomly sometime days, even weeks apart ..lasting 1-2 minutes at a time once a day. I thought it cold be iron deficiency, and I carry the trait for Sickle cell anemia. Thank you, I appreciate your response.