Who should I see to help with my mood swings?

By October 16, 2015 - 1:39pm

Hello, I've been having trouble controlling my mood swings. Mood swings and my temper have always been a problem for me. When I got pregnant with my daughter they got better, she's now 19 months old and I can feel them progressively coming back. I'm easily irritated, I have no patience, and I'm always moody. I feel like I'm always pmsing. Please help I just want to be a happy person again!

Thank you so much Susan!

Hi Deannapitt!

Thank you for reaching out for help - that's a very important step!

You should begin by talking to your doctor. You may have some kind of chemical imbalance in your brain that is causing these mood swings. You may need medication but you could also benefit from talk therapy. Your doctor can discuss medication with you, as well as lifestyle changes and diet. Exercise is an excellent form of therapy. She may also refer you to a therapist who can help you express your feelings and concerns.

Good luck to you and please stay in touch!