Facebook Pixel

Who should I see to help with my mood swings?

By October 16, 2015 - 1:39pm
Rate This

Hello, I've been having trouble controlling my mood swings. Mood swings and my temper have always been a problem for me. When I got pregnant with my daughter they got better, she's now 19 months old and I can feel them progressively coming back. I'm easily irritated, I have no patience, and I'm always moody. I feel like I'm always pmsing. Please help I just want to be a happy person again!

Add a Comment2 Comments

Thank you so much Susan!

October 16, 2015 - 5:33pm
HERWriter Guide

Hi Deannapitt!

Thank you for reaching out for help - that's a very important step!

You should begin by talking to your doctor. You may have some kind of chemical imbalance in your brain that is causing these mood swings. You may need medication but you could also benefit from talk therapy. Your doctor can discuss medication with you, as well as lifestyle changes and diet. Exercise is an excellent form of therapy. She may also refer you to a therapist who can help you express your feelings and concerns.

Good luck to you and please stay in touch!

October 16, 2015 - 3:05pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.