Emotional Health

Emotional Health Guide

ask: Why do I feel cold when I have sex?

By iluvaltoidz

I've had sex with my boyfriend three times. The recent one, my boyfriend said that I feel cold while he is sweating and hot. I also get a dry mouth, but I think that is because I'm panting. Also, my legs start shaking after awhile. I'm worried that there's something wrong with me because when you have sex you're supposed to be warm and hot, but I am cold. I think maybe because I was not wet enough because this time it hurt while the other times it didn't hurt. Am I cold because I'm not turned on enough? I couldn't find any answers online so please help me.

Anonymous

hi
i am 34 years old. normally my body is very hot such as fever. normally i have always long sex.I have 3 to 4 time sex per week. I always do sex in night to i can sleep. whole night my body normally very hot. specially my butt & legs become sweat. next morning after shower suddenly every thing change. even i take hot shower i start feeling cold to my legs. but after hot shower i feel strange with my belly & body. i feel powerless. so i need to drink water or coffee. as time pass i feel cold & cole but only lower body.
can anybody help me
regards
pawel

Anonymous

hi everybody.
i Am feeling strange, normally i feel cold in cold weather, offcourse if it's snowing outside. but whenever i have sex next morning after shower my legs feeling like freezing. whole legs. i don,t know although my body is very hot. can anybody help me in this situation.
regards
powel

One of the reasons why you will have that cold feeling after sex is that your blood vessels (open up) transferring a lot of your core body temp to your extremities and the surface of your skin. Once the act of sex is completed and as you begin to relax, your blood vessels constrict and return a lot of blood back towards your core, along with what ever warmth it carries. Therefore, you have that "brrrr" feeling. This is often the case after an adrenaline rush too. Hope this helps.

Missie

Anonymous

I know i didn't orgasm but i was still shivering cold afterwards.

Anonymous

I have the same problem! After sex I am always shaking cold and have to get warm quickly. Normally by putting on layers but my boyfriend and i always like to cuddle afterwards and it's not the same when I'm wrapped up in blankets. I suffer from anaemia and also when cold I can often pass out for up to 20minutes. So scared him the first time it happen but we have kind of got used to it. Cuddle straight after sex without wrapping up as the intense heat from him warms me up.

Anonymous

I feel cold (shivering) after sex and i always need to take a very hot shower to remove th cold feeling. I don't know the reason why this happen.

i do as well! i'm cold almost all the time though, but really cold after sex. i also hyperventilate sometimes as well when we're done, and i can't stop for like 30 minutes. i'm really scared and so is my partner

Dear iluvaltoidz

Unless you are in pain or having discomfort, I don't think being cold is necessarily a problem. Some people do shiver during sex, a combination of excitement and adrenaline - a physical reaction.

Your boyfriend may think you're extra cold simply because he's very warm. So it may seem extreme to him but if someone not having sex with you touched you, you'd probably feel fine.

I agree with you that dry mouth is normal during sex. Just keep hydrated and you should be fine. Legs shaking can also be normal, especially if you orgasm.

I would suggest you take a lot more time for foreplay and take things a lot more slowly. Women need more time that men. Their "engines" go from 0 to 60 in five seconds. Women purr along slowly until a very fast acceleration at the end, usually passing the guy at lighting speed!

So I don't think you're abnormal at all, I think you both need to slow down and spend more time on you, rather than you both.

One concern may be that you have these symptoms at times other than sex. If it's only during sex, it's likely to be normal (mention it during your next doctor visit just in case as it's better to be safe that sorry) but if it happens at other times, get checked out now. Can you update me on this question?

Best-

iluvaltoidz (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you. It only happens when I have sex so from what you said, I'm normal. Thank You so much.

Are you happy with your appearance?: