Would you lie about your age?

My cousin is only 33 and looks about 15 and yet she lies about her age. I first noticed on Facebook that she claims to be only 27! She chops 6 years off....maybe this makes sense if you are in your 80's....and maybe not even then! It says something about our society when a girl lies about her age before she is even 35. The thing is that she is not married and is still a party girl...maybe this is why. She may be tired of people judging her as she has no interest in "settling down".

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone out there has an opinion on this? Is it ok to lie about age? I think it's unnecessary but what do you guys think?
I lied about my age when I wanted a drink back in the day.
My sister pretended she was 28 when she was really 34 as she felt old in her bartending job. Another friend of mine pretended that she was four years younger than her chronological age, met a guy who WAS younger than her and eventually told him and he broke up with her as he felt she would probably want kids soon. Guess what....she is still single and HE is married with kids!
My Mother has never lied! Is seems to be common, though. I lived in California for a while and noticed that many men and women who I could have sworn were over 30, seemed to be hanging on for dear life to 25!
Personally, I think it is better to look young for the age you are than wrecked for 20 something!

That's true, it's better to be older and look great than young and look like one got hit by a truck!

Why do people lie about their age? Who knows? Probably the same reason we lie about our size, our salaries and our achievements. The world loves a young, thin, rich success story. If we feel we don't make the cut, we lie to seem like we do.

I don't lie about my age, nor much else. I is how I is!

I saw a funny cartoon that had a girl and a woman reading a magazine. The girl's magazine had the title "how to look older" and the woman's read "how to look younger" and it was good commentary on our society.

It also depends on one's individual culture, customs and society. While I think it's a shame that anyone has to lie about this kind of thing, they can't always be blamed. Unfortunately we have placed such emphasis on shallow, material things that when this emphasis is all a person knows, they fake it if they don't have it. Some 14 year olds are mighty proud of looking like they are 25! Why on earth?! And some 45 year olds need to bleat on and on about how young everyone thinks they are, a bit like the Real Housewives! In the whole scheme of things, we'll all end up 80 and wrinkly. And that's if we're lucky. So if you hear someone talking like this, just smile and nod (or congratulate them) and move along; it's easier on your brain and leaves you more time for things that matter!

But this is the media that we listen to - and until we stop buying into it, it's going nowhere.

Emotional Health

Emotional Health Guide