So you found that one man who even with his faults is just perfect for you!
Well ladies, you can help your man lead a healthier life so that you can both enjoy many years together.
I can already hear you saying there is no way he will eat healthy foods or exercise but we have some tips to help you get him healthier without nagging.
This is the time to tell him that you love him the way he is but you’d like to keep him around for years to come; that eating healthier, exercising, and
First let’s talk about healthy eating.
You do not have to give up taste for a healthy diet or completely give up your favorite foods. Moderation is essential when it comes to food and drinks;
instead of French fries or onion rings several times a month you can replace them with healthier alternatives such as green bean salad or a garden salad.
When you cook, switch out the foods of lesser value for healthy ones of higher values.
Use spices and herbs when cooking for added flavor; you will also be surprised at how spices and herbs bring out the flavor of the food you use them on.
Steam your vegetables to tender crisp in order to keep the most nutrients in the vegetables instead of being boiled away. With potatoes baking is better
than frying or boiling also did you know that many of the nutrients in potatoes are in the skin?
Tips to help your man eat healthier
1. Stick to the outside aisles of the grocery market; choose fresh vegetables and fruit, lean cuts of meat, and dairy.
2. Choose the recipes you are going to make and swap out high fat high carb ingredients when possible for lower fat or low carb items. An example would be
for a cup of milk, choose skim milk instead.
3. Grill or broil meat, poultry, or fish instead of frying it this will allow grease and fat to drip away from the meat, poultry, or fish. Also avoid the
skin on poultry if you are working on low fat.
4. Measure portions so you and he do not over eat. This will also help with weight loss if it is needed and if not will help keep him from gaining weight
that could cause health risks later on.
5. Keep healthy snacks of fresh fruit, vegetables, and nuts in the house instead of junk food. A great low carb low fat snack is a graham cracker topped
with light cream cheese and a slice of apple (granny smith works well).
6. Steam or grill vegetables to tender crisp to keep the nutrients from cooking away; remember to use your spices and herbs on these.
7. Switch to sea salt as it contains less sodium.
Looking for great healthy recipes? You can find some here.
Exercise for a healthy body
Like healthy eating; exercise for a healthy body does not have to be painful.
There are plenty of ways to get exercise without causing discomfort; and you won’t have to nag him to exercise.
Exercise also helps reduce stress, lowers blood pressure, help control sugar levels, and can help him sleep better.
If you go walking, skiing, or other outdoor activities you also get the added benefit of the sun. It helps improve mental moods and reduces depression.
Just be sure to use sunscreen; even in winter put it on your face and any skin that may be exposed.
Tips for exercise
1. Go for walks together. A half mile to mile several times a week if not every day is great for the heart and weight loss, managing diabetes, as well as
reducing stress. If you leave the electronics (cell phones, I-pods, etc.) at home this is a great way to have some alone time for talking about all kinds
2. Find an activity you both enjoy such as swimming, hiking, or other sports activity such as tennis in which you can both participate and get exercise.
3. Go to the gym together when you can or purchase exercise equipment and videos for home use.
Any activity that will get the heart pumping, tone the muscles and burn calories is good for him and you too!
By combining healthy eating, exercise, and preventative health screening you can help keep your man healthy and enable him to live longer.
Regular screening should be done for;
1. Sugar diabetes which can lead to other health issues.
2. Blood pressure which can lead to heart attack and stroke.
3. Certain types of cancers.
4. Heart health.
5. Prostate health.
Do not forget about mental and emotional health as well; then you will have complete health.
Consider a one a day vitamin as we don’t always get the proper nutrients from the food we eat.
If your man has any unhealthy habits such as smoking, considerable alcohol use, or being a couch potato urge him to slow down or quit tobacco and alcohol
as well as getting up and getting moving.
Encourage him to replace the bad habits with new healthy habits for life.
Set an example by replacing any bad habits you have with healthy ones.
Drink plenty of water, 7 or 8 glasses a day.
Get plenty of sleep; the average person requires 7 to 9 hours a day.
There is no need to nag your man, just explain that you love him and want him to be around for years to come so you can enjoy life together.
Ask him to try new foods or vegetables he may not like to see how they are the way you prepare them.
Always keep healthy foods in the house including snacks so that it becomes natural to eat a healthy diet.
Follow the tips above and there will be no need to nag him to get and stay healthy.
About the author: Elaina Meiser is a graduate student and an enthusiastic blogger. She started blogging over five years ago as a hobby and now her writing experience includes articles at Resumes Expert. Elaina loves creative arts, different tips and tricks guides, excursion and backpacking trips. You can follow her on Twitter .
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.