The secret to a healthy life is to be happy. And to be happy, we have to make happiness our ultimate goal at all times. Being happy in life makes life look and seem much more fun.
Here are some characteristics that happy people seem to share in common:
1. Happy people have happy friends. Those people who have a happy and positive outlook to life understand and prefer the company of others with the same outlook to life.
2. Happy people usually know how to speak for themselves about what they feel and if they are not treated well. Happy people also tend to lead a life of integrity, are honest and sincere with others and themselves and always live according to their values.
3. Happy people love listening to music.
4. Happy people appreciate what they have and recognize the blessings that come their way. They know how to show appreciation and gratitude.
5. Happy people receive and share love, compassion and affection, they enjoy life more.
6. Happy people eat well, follow a regular exercise routine and believe in self care.
7. Happy people are patient with people and things around them; they look forward to life everyday. They are always ready and excited about the adventures that life has to offer them.
8. Happy people look for the best in themselves and in the people around them, they are intrinsically optimistic. They know how to alter negative situations into positive ones.
9. Happy people know their purpose in life and live to their passions. It is because of this that they are always learning new things and are open minded to new ideas.
10. Happy people are always ready to forgive themselves, and are good about not beating themselves up for making mistakes.
So what kind of happy person are you? How many of these happy qualities do you relate to? Look over these traits and consider which ones describe you the best, also pay attention to the traits that you don’t think describe you. What can you do to check these points and live even a happier life?
Source: Simpson, B.(2006). The Balanced Mom.