Delicious Oven French Fries
Oven-baking makes these french fries lower in fat and still crispy.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Cholesterol||0 mg |
|Sodium||163 mg |
|:Large potatoes (2 pounds)||4|
|Ice water||8 cups|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long ½-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper
flakes in a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475°F oven for 15 minutes.
Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15-20
minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.