Grilled Turkey Salad
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Sodium||318 mg |
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g |
|Marinating time:||1-2 hours|
| Olive oil||1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons|
|Fresh lemon juice ||2 tablespoons |
||1 teaspoon |
| Dijon mustard||2 teaspoons |
| Turkey breast tenderloin||¾ pound|
| Medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips||½|
| Medium orange bell pepper, sliced into strips||½|
|Medium zucchini, sliced on the diagonal||1 |
|Salt||1/8 teaspoon |
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
| Fresh chives, chopped ||2 tablespoons|
| Mixed greens||2 cups|
|Balsamic vinaigrette ||4 teaspoons |
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, and mustard in a resealable plastic bag. Add turkey, toss to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare outdoor grill or indoor grill pan.
- Brush bell pepper and zucchini with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Remove turkey from bag and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- Divide mixed greens onto 2 plates. Top with grilled veggies, turkey, and chives. Drizzle each salad with 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette.
5 very lean meats; 3 fats; 2 vegetables
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care
provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a
substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to
starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a
EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.