Advice

Hey, I'm 17 years old and just lost my virginity, I'm so use to my family telling me how "bad" it is so I don't really know what to feel. Do I forget? Do I feel guilty? All I know is I'm not very happy. We did it unprotected and I stopped it after 5 minutes because I just wasn't comfortable. That's the worse ever? I didn't lose it romanticly or anything at all. What if this guy leaves me? I don't even feel super super all there you know what I mean? I've been on and off with this guy for 3 years and we make plans for the future. I feel like towards everything in life I have no emotions or no feelings so idk what to feel about this. Should I might as well give him the rest should I just live with that? I have no idea I like him but I want to be treated litterally so good. I'm not treated bad but I just want better, so I just feel like I made the wrong choice I really don't know what to think about anything

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER.

My advice is not to have sex again until it feels right. And never have unprotected sex.

Odds are you're not going to be with this person your whole life - people we date as teens aren't usually the ones we settle down with (of course there are exceptions to this).

You seem pretty apathetic about life and your future. This isn't unusual at your age - you are between childhood and adulthood and it can be a confusing time.

I suggest to talk to a school counselor about your feelings, or a trusted adult. A therapist could also help.

I won't be pregnant? Today I found out he was talking to someone else so yeah, it sucks but idk what to think about it I feel like a dummy. I'm not with him anymore I don't want to not get my period next month

Hi again!

If you don't get your period when expected then you will need to take a test. If this guy has moved on to another girl already then he clearly has no respect for women and is having sex with god knows how many people.

Don't beat yourself up. Everyone makes mistakes. Just make sure you learn from this mistake and you treat your body like the precious thing it is.

Good luck,