I Really Need to Know More About This

By April 8, 2012 - 4:24pm

Hi, I'm going to have MRI test done soon for the kidney because I know I mentioed in my other topic that I have high DHEA level and that I was told it is possible that I have a benign tumor near my kidney. I realized that for such procedure I'm in a closed space which I'm scared of. I have a funny feeling about something and I don't know if I should mention this to the technologist. I'm afraid while they doing the MRI they forget about me and that I can't get out. I don't know why I have such thought and I'm scared of it. I have asked my doctor to give me something to keep me relaxed during such procedure but I still have a scary feeling. Do you suggest anything specific I do? I'm just hoping I'd be able to handle everything and all goes well. Please let me know more about this.

Thank You,

I will thanks. I'm just scared since I'm claustrophobic.

Okay thanks. I didn't know their are stand up MRI's but the place I go I heard I'm laying down. I just hope I'm fine with the procedure. One thing I realized is that when I lay down some nights I feel my stomach is pumping and for such procedure since I'm laying down I hope I don't have such problem there.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

I'm sure you'll be fine Melissa.

Try not to expect or anticipate negative things happening to you. Keep a positive outlook.

Thanks. I did mention to my doctor about giving a prescription for relaxant or sedative I'm not sure how they are exactly but he will be giving me such thing anyways. Is it weird if I mention that I have a funny feeling of they forgetting about me while in MRI procedure? When they give something to keep me relaxed do they give it by injection or tablets? Please let me know.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa!

Doctors and clinics around the country have different methods. So you need to ask your doctor this as we wouldn't know which methods they use - tablets, injections, liquids etc.

We have told you many times, Melissa, that you can ask your doctor anything you want, on any health topic, at any time. You don't have to ask anyone if it's ok to ask, or weird to ask. You can ask anything. We will give you this answer every time.The staff is there to reassure you.

Good luck with everything, I'm sure it'll be fine!

I can assure you that they will not forget about you and leave you-- you will be monitored the entire time. However, I know that fears are fears and nothing that I can say to you will make you feel any different. There are many MRI centers that will now offer open MRI's but if that is not an option for you you can always express your fears and anxiety to your doctor so that he can order a relaxant or sedative during the procedure.

Good Luck,