Is it normal to miss a period after taking plan b?

By Anonymous January 8, 2010 - 6:01am

My LMP was Dec 9th and on Dec 12th (saturday)I had unprotected sex and took plan B. I took one pill that evening and I took the second pill late, i took it 15 hours later insetead of 12. In fear that the pill did not work I took another dose on Monday. I started to bleed exactly one week after taking the first pill on saturday Dec 19th, I've read that the bleeding could be "withdrawl" bleeding. Is it possible to ovulate again after having the withdrawl period?
My period is now late. I took 3 pregnancy tests this week and they all come back negative. Could it be that I will NOT get my period this month because I took 2 plan b pills in 3 days. I will also mention that I've been stressed out since having unprotected sex but I don't think i can relax until i get my period. Pleae help!!

Anonymous

Hi. I took 4 Nordette pills about 2 hours after having sex, and then took another 4 pills 13 hours after taking the first 4 pills. The time I should have taken the second dose was 12 hours after the first.

I started bleeding for 6-8 days 12 days after taking the pills. I'm worried if this is implantation bleeding or withdrawal bleeding.

Also, I have slightly sore breasts and still a bloated lower abdomen even after I'm done with my bleeding. What could this be?

Thank you.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding was breakthrough or bleeding between periods caused by taking the Nordette pills. Breast tenderness and lower abdominal bleeding are probably side effects of the pill.

Regards,

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on Jan 22nd around midnight. I took Plan B at around 11am the following morning. The days following Plan B I took birth control because I was freaking out so badly. I have been feeling nauseous, bloated, and crampy for five days now but no spotting or bleeding. I know it is too early to take a home pregnancy test but I am terrified that I could be pregnant. What do you think the chances are?

Plan B is about 90-95% effective. 

Anonymous

Me and my boyfriend had sex and the condom broke and he came in me. I took the Plan B pill within a couple hours. I havent gotten my period and im over a month late. I thought i was going to start my period soon because i had stomach pains and bloating and small spotting but i never did. Should i take a pregnancy test?

Yes, I think a pregnancy test is a good idea.

Anonymous

I've been on the pill for about 5 months now, and I normally get my period on Saturday mornings although my first hormone free pill is Thursday night. My period is normally really short and is gone by mid day Monday with only one day of heavy flow. however this month I accidentally took my first hormone free pill on Wednesday night, then Thursday night when I went to take my pill I realized I'd skipped my last hormone pill so I took that Thursday night then on Friday went back to taking my hormone free pill. I had sex early Thursday morning so when I realized I messed my pills up I took plan b. I also had sex twice Friday, one time pulling out the other not, so I got worried and took another plan b. It's currently Monday and I have not yet gotten my period, but am beginning to slightly spot. Could this be because of taking two plan b or would the fact that it was so close to my period not matter? What should I do?

This is probably due to your Plan B.  There was no need to take it, making up your pill the next day was not required. Just take your next active pill on the right day and your system should settle itself out.

Anonymous

I have sex with my boyfrind with condom 3 days before my period, to be sure i take a plan b 24 hours after, my period is late for 7 days an i have a little spotting, Iam pregnant? Please help me

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There was no need to take Plan B because your period was due to start, thus, ovulation had passed and your boyfriend was wearing a condom.

Taking Plan B upset the normal hormonal balance that regulates your menstrual cycle. Wait at least three weeks. If you do not have any bleeding then, call your gynecologist.

Regards,