What is groin?

By September 30, 2011 - 6:45pm

Hi, I have a question to ask which is I want to know what does groin mean? I was seen by a dermatologist and when he diagnosed me with a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa he asked me do you have it in your groin and I said no even though I don't know what it meant. Please let me know what it means by groin.

Thanks for your reply. I still don't quite understand where would groin be located. Lower abdomen and the inner part of thigh where would they be exactly between these two? Is it anywhere near the vagina? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,

(reply to Melissa6666)

Yes Melissa-- it is the area above your vagina between the lower part of your abdomen and your inner thigh. Pain can be on either the left side of your groin or right side.

In this picture, the groin area is where you see the lymph nodes: http://health.allrefer.com/health/groin-lump-swollen-lymph-nodes-in-the-groin.html

Hope this helps,

Groin: the fold or depression marking the juncture of the lower abdomen and the inner part of the thigh;