Which Would Be Better

By December 10, 2013 - 7:12pm

Hi, I have a question to ask which is I'm going to have CT or MRI done of my abdomen soon and I want to know when a person is constipated does it show the problem since your constipated? Do they also show your colon? Do you also think MRI shows better than the CT? Please let me know soon.

Thank You,

Hi Melissa6666,

Welcome back to EmpowHER. If you are having an Abdomen MRI, your colon is part of the abdominal organs and it should be visible for your doctor to see it.  The difference between an MRI and CT is an MRI suited for examining soft tissue, like the ligament and tendon injury, spinal cord injury, brain tumors. While a CT scan is better suited for bone injuries, lung and chest imaging, and detecting cancers.

Hope this was helpful?

(reply to Anonymous)

I see okay thank you for letting me know.