Why do I experience pain during orgasm?

I am going to be 40 in less then 3 months. I have always been a sexual woman, who has enjoyed orgasms. In the last year and a half I started experiencing pain during orgasm. As soon as I feel the orgasm coming on, it feels like me uterus is contracting, and I feel a dull pain, it causes me to not orgasm the same way. This has become frustrating to me and my husband of the last 15 yrs.
I have been to my gyn and I was treated for mild dsyplasia, but he told me that does not explain the pain, he doesn't seem to know what the problem is,,,, can anyone help with this? Thanks

Anonymous

I am 51 years old and this is a new problem for me. I have done some research and found this article that says hormonal balance may have an impact. Here is the link..

http://news.health.com/2015/12/09/what-to-do-if-your-orgasms-are-actually-painful/

Anonymous

I went to my doctor today and discussed it with him. I've had this problem for a few years now, where it's become increasingly worse. I'm only 26, so menopause wasn't the culprit, and although I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts he explained that wouldn't be the cause. What it is is my uterus reacting to the stimulation in a negative way, and it has to do with my hormones. He said almost always women have had to eventually get a hysterectomy, however he wants me to try birth control first to get my hormones under control. He said if it works, great! If not, then we will explore the hysterectomy. It scares me to think that I could lose my uterus at only 26, although my tubes are tied and I know I'm not going to biologically have any more children, there's just something so permanent about it. I hope you find out what'she causing this. I do feel relieved I know the reason behind my pain

I find it interesting that you mentioned your tubes were tied. Did your symptoms start prior to the tubal or after? If after how long after? I had a tubal ligation 6 months ago and about 3 months ago started developing some really odd symptoms (burning inside vagina, loss of sexual desire of course because i don't feel normal down there) and now with orgasms (without penetration) i feel a pain (feels like a pulling) in my lower right side above pubic bone. I haven't had an orgasm during sex since the onset of my symptoms. Only outside stimulation achieves orgasm. All of this is new and disturbing. Docs have been clueless. I finally saw a specialist who thinks i have Interstitial cystitis which i am not going to claim. I can't help but feel like this is all related to my tubal ligation (burned each tube in 3 spots). I think i need to try pelvic floor therapy. Maybe the instruments used during the laproscopic tubal injured nerves or something. The pulling i feel is on the same side i have my lower belly laproscopic scar.

I had painful orgasm for several years. Check out Wiley Protocol. Once I got my hormones balanced the pain stopped. Mine was not a dull pain it was sharp pain & continued during the orgasm so sex wasn't very interesting but I have orgasms in my sleep (not during sex) and the pain was pretty intense. Static dosing didn't work for me nor did low dose. Only Wiley & a qualified Wiley practitioner.

Omg. My Dr looked at me like i was crazy having orgasims in my sleep and waking up in the most intense pain ive ever felt in my life. What is wiley? after i had a laparoscopic procedure i started on depo provera to stop my periods. I was told if im not having a period takes much longer for endometriosis to reoccur. So after i started my depo shots is when this starting occurring.

A hysterectomy to balance your hormones is extremely excessive, especially since it doesn't sound like your Doctor has tried much in the way of righting the problem. Did you even get your hormone levels tested? I would get a second opinion, and STAT. Did he discuss the possibility of hormone therapy (i.e. shots- outside of birth control pills) with you? If not, I would highly suggest you find a new Doctor.

I couldn't agree more, Anon!

Doctors who are quick to tell women to have female organs removed due to pain shouldn't be allowed to practice in this day and age. A hysterectomy should be a last resort for any woman under 40, even 50.

Anonymous

Hello! I had the same problem,painful orgasms and pain after the orgasm,it felt like uterus contractions... I thought I had endometriosis,cysts,interstitial cystitis ,infections etc...all of them came back negative (God,you can't imagine how many tests I had in 9 months and how much money I spend going to private doctors!) So I went to a physiotherapist ,turns out I have very weak pelvic muscles...It's only been 3 days since I started to do daily pelvic floor muscle training and it gets better and better! I know how depressing it is...its a nightmare not knowing what you have.... Good luck to everybody! I hope you all have what I have and nothing more serious! xxx

Anonymous

I had shooting pain in my cervix and anal area when I had an orgasm. I went to my women's health Physio and she found that my pelvis was out of alignment which created nerve damage in that area. She realigned me and strapped me up. I'm fine now! I highly recommend you see a Physio as well as a doctor.

Hi there,
I would like to kow exactly how was they able to find out about the pelvic alingmnt and who exactly did you go to for that,or type of testing did they do . I went to over20drs. And non is able to help i been going throught it for about6-7yrs and i have no trust in drs. Anymore. iam is much pain. And it caused me more problems. That requiers more surgeres. Helpful information please.