Q: 

Why do I experience pain during orgasm?

I am going to be 40 in less then 3 months. I have always been a sexual woman, who has enjoyed orgasms. In the last year and a half I started experiencing pain during orgasm. As soon as I feel the orgasm coming on, it feels like me uterus is contracting, and I feel a dull pain, it causes me to not orgasm the same way. This has become frustrating to me and my husband of the last 15 yrs.
I have been to my gyn and I was treated for mild dsyplasia, but he told me that does not explain the pain, he doesn't seem to know what the problem is,,,, can anyone help with this? Thanks

Anonymous

I experienced the same pain also. I let go of having orgasm to see if it would do away . The pain got less but it was still there. I was getting worried so I went to get a ultrasound and they found nothing. So I didn't know what to do . I had this pain about 2- 3yr . I wasnt enjoying sex anymore .
About 2months ago I changed my eating habits more healthy and I changed to eating Himalayan pink Salk that has very good benifets.
One day when I realized pain had gotten less .
And a little days after I noticed it was gone. I started crying I couldn't believe it:) . I belive changing my eating habits is what cured it . I hope this helps someone like it helped me

Anonymous

I am 51 years old and this is a new problem for me. I have done some research and found this article that says hormonal balance may have an impact. Here is the link..

http://news.health.com/2015/12/09/what-to-do-if-your-orgasms-are-actually-painful/

Anonymous

I went to my doctor today and discussed it with him. I've had this problem for a few years now, where it's become increasingly worse. I'm only 26, so menopause wasn't the culprit, and although I have endometriosis and ovarian cysts he explained that wouldn't be the cause. What it is is my uterus reacting to the stimulation in a negative way, and it has to do with my hormones. He said almost always women have had to eventually get a hysterectomy, however he wants me to try birth control first to get my hormones under control. He said if it works, great! If not, then we will explore the hysterectomy. It scares me to think that I could lose my uterus at only 26, although my tubes are tied and I know I'm not going to biologically have any more children, there's just something so permanent about it. I hope you find out what'she causing this. I do feel relieved I know the reason behind my pain

I find it interesting that you mentioned your tubes were tied. Did your symptoms start prior to the tubal or after? If after how long after? I had a tubal ligation 6 months ago and about 3 months ago started developing some really odd symptoms (burning inside vagina, loss of sexual desire of course because i don't feel normal down there) and now with orgasms (without penetration) i feel a pain (feels like a pulling) in my lower right side above pubic bone. I haven't had an orgasm during sex since the onset of my symptoms. Only outside stimulation achieves orgasm. All of this is new and disturbing. Docs have been clueless. I finally saw a specialist who thinks i have Interstitial cystitis which i am not going to claim. I can't help but feel like this is all related to my tubal ligation (burned each tube in 3 spots). I think i need to try pelvic floor therapy. Maybe the instruments used during the laproscopic tubal injured nerves or something. The pulling i feel is on the same side i have my lower belly laproscopic scar.

Ahh! I can relate to you! Ever since my tubal (clamps) I get the pain during orgasm on my left side! I don't know what it could be. It's cramping, almost like I can feel my eggs trying to squeeze through, weird I know, but the only way to describe it. And it ruins my orgasm!! Have you learned anything new??

I got a 3rd opinion from a female Urologist this time and she believes my issue may be more vulvadynia related. When she softly poked around with a cotton swab just barley inside the vagina it felt like i was being stuck with the wood end, it burned. I am suppose to be seeing a gyn who specializes in vulvadynia. I am also doing pelvic therapy because the Urologist told me upon exam that i felt a bit tight in some areas. I must say through all this I have determined I will always see female doctors when it comes to my lady parts. My regular gyn who was a male i saw numerous times complaining of vaginal burning and my other symptoms and not once did he even mention vulvadynia as a possibility. Ummm shouldn't that possibility be on his radar? And the male Urologist i saw specializes in IC so i think he was just quick to diagnose. I've followed the IC diet, cutt out all caffeine, take aloe pills and the burning remained the same. Oddly there are days when I feel okay (only 1 day here and there) which i am trying to keep track off. I really think this is more hormone related. The pain with orgasm has subsided no new episodes thankfully but the burning still is a monkey wrench with the sex life. I'm still yearning to get back to my normal, sexual self. Forgive typos.. i'm rushing

I had painful orgasm for several years. Check out Wiley Protocol. Once I got my hormones balanced the pain stopped. Mine was not a dull pain it was sharp pain & continued during the orgasm so sex wasn't very interesting but I have orgasms in my sleep (not during sex) and the pain was pretty intense. Static dosing didn't work for me nor did low dose. Only Wiley & a qualified Wiley practitioner.

Omg. My Dr looked at me like i was crazy having orgasims in my sleep and waking up in the most intense pain ive ever felt in my life. What is wiley? after i had a laparoscopic procedure i started on depo provera to stop my periods. I was told if im not having a period takes much longer for endometriosis to reoccur. So after i started my depo shots is when this starting occurring.

A hysterectomy to balance your hormones is extremely excessive, especially since it doesn't sound like your Doctor has tried much in the way of righting the problem. Did you even get your hormone levels tested? I would get a second opinion, and STAT. Did he discuss the possibility of hormone therapy (i.e. shots- outside of birth control pills) with you? If not, I would highly suggest you find a new Doctor.

I couldn't agree more, Anon!

Doctors who are quick to tell women to have female organs removed due to pain shouldn't be allowed to practice in this day and age. A hysterectomy should be a last resort for any woman under 40, even 50.