ask: why do i get fainting dizzy spells EVERYTIME i stand up?

everytime i stand up i get really dizzy and my vision is completely black and i have to hold on to something for like 30 seconds to preven myself from collapsing. i have already seen a cardiologist i was told to drink 0 caffiene and lots of salt it helped at first but its getting worrse now, worse then before i saw the cardiogist one of the newer symtoms that makes it worse then before is after it happens i get really hot and feel clamy and my heart beats really hard and fast any advice?

thanks, katelyn

Anonymous

I thought I was the only one dealing with this, mine is getting worse and worse everyday. When I get up with in a minute I am getting dizzy and today my body was jerking uncontrollably and had to grab a wall to steady myself and stay there for a minute or two while my body continued to jerk on its own... I have an appt with Neurologist on July 27th, I wish it was sooner... I'm just waiting for the day I actually fall, I've come very close...

Suzie, 43, Grand Rapids, MI

Anonymous

I have same problem when i stand i loose my vision and all senses

Don'ts
1. Don't Concentrate an any kind of work for very much time like PC, Laptop, Books, Smartphone... ect..
2. Bath daily @ morning
3. Aviod eating caffaine rich food like Chocolates, Coffee, Toffees, Ice-Cream.... ect..

Do's
1. Drink more water a day as u can..
2. Wash your face any time when you feel tired
3. Drink cold liquids like lemonade, Cold Water
DON'T Drink Cold Drink It's Contains CAFFAINE

SIMPLE STEPS U DO TO A DAY U ALSO FEEL VERY WELL

Anonymous

I have been getting up and my eyes are getting blurred with black spots in the corner of my vision. After that happens I start to get really bad migraines and it has been happening almost everyday now whenever I get up but I haven't been to a doctor yet.
Anybody know what I can do?

Anonymous

I get this too but sometimes it happens when I am in a small or crowded room and my heart starts beating really fast. Also when I have been sat down for a long time and I stand up, I get so dizzy I have to either sit back down or hold onto something until the dizziness has gone. I haven't been to the doctor but I have looked few websites and most of them said it has something to do with low blood pressure. Quite a few websites told me to drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water per day and eat plenty of salt. Not sure if it is working but it's still worth a try!

Anonymous

The same exact thing is happening to me and I'm 13. I've got a cats an and blood tests and it was migraines. You may be having the same affects but may just be dehydration.

Anonymous

Hi I usually lay in my bed all day reading and when I stand up my vision go's grey and blurry and I've hd it for five days now and it's constantly happening but when I sit down it vanishes, eg I was watching my brother do something while I sat down on a chair and when I got up my vision went dark and my head hurt really bad so I had to grab the wall or I would of fallen can anyone help and tell me what's wrong with me?

-viktoria

Anonymous

I get this too, and both my mum and her mum have this.
In my family we have very low blood presure and it sounds like you may also.

Anonymous

I'm a teenager and this happens to me too, I went to the doctors around 3 months ago, but they dismissed me. it's hard to describe, but all I can say is; when you stand, you suddenly starts to feel weak, you head feels light, and your vision blurs. the whole series is quite draining. I've been looking this up, as I really want to know whats wrong, and I have searched many websites. they all say similar symptoms, but differnt diagnosises, it's very confusing. I've had many days off school, because of this and I want to know what is wrong with me! please, if anyone can help...

Anonymous

Went to dr like 6 weeks ago for head/scalp pain
went to er because thought it was anyuresm. They did ct scan said it was normal. Went back to dr 3 weeks ago said its anxiety and panick. Im freaking out at this point. Was fine for a week then started back up and ears ringing got worse. I went to ent who said I have severe tmj. Then went and had wyes checked and they dialated them and said I was fine.
Went back to er for this weird head pain. They said maybe sinus because they could not do ct again.
I followed up with nuero today who said eeg was normal and that it sounds like occipital nueralgia and says I can get it treated and also said they want mri of cervical spine. I told her im still worried about anuyerm but she assured me I was fine. Here I am after a beer ears ringing loud and I feel unsteady. She said she thinks neck is injured.

Hi! Just thought I wld comment on this because my sister & I was just talking about this. She has some kind of inner ear problem. I think it's called vertigo or Ménière's disease. Anyway, she was telling me about several episodes she had where her ears wld ring bad, have anxiety bad, & headaches. So jus thought I wld share. Hope it helps.
God Bless You!

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: