ask: why do i get fainting dizzy spells EVERYTIME i stand up?

everytime i stand up i get really dizzy and my vision is completely black and i have to hold on to something for like 30 seconds to preven myself from collapsing. i have already seen a cardiologist i was told to drink 0 caffiene and lots of salt it helped at first but its getting worrse now, worse then before i saw the cardiogist one of the newer symtoms that makes it worse then before is after it happens i get really hot and feel clamy and my heart beats really hard and fast any advice?

thanks, katelyn

I am only 13 years old and I eat sufficient levels of carbs and calories... All of the food I eat is organic and I eat a lot of fruits/veggies +protein. My mom is a nurse and my dad is a nutritionist and personal trainer so I know that I am getting good advice from them but every time I get up I get super dizzy and my vision blacks out. I have fallen a few times but nothing serious. My mom continues to tell me to get up slower and my dad says I need to eat more to keep up with my activity levels but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It is probably he blood pressure change when get up so fast it doesn't have time to respond but I'm not sure... Just know you're not alone! I'm no professional but if you have a good balanced diet supportive enough for your activity levels and you check with a doctor I think you will be ok

I have this EXACT same thing happen to me every time I stand! I'm 27 and its been happening for about 10years now. I'm very active and athletic, and very healthy, and drink tons of water. Saw a cardiologist last week for an ekg, but we are leaning towards it being an adrenal deficiency, which can apparently cause this as well as all my symptoms of fatigue. Hoping to get it figured out!

Cardiologist also recommended I increase my salt intake by 2g per day, but it doesn't seem to be helping any. Blood pressure was normal, 110/70.

I thought I was the only one dealing with this, mine is getting worse and worse everyday. When I get up with in a minute I am getting dizzy and today my body was jerking uncontrollably and had to grab a wall to steady myself and stay there for a minute or two while my body continued to jerk on its own... I have an appt with Neurologist on July 27th, I wish it was sooner... I'm just waiting for the day I actually fall, I've come very close...

Suzie, 43, Grand Rapids, MI

I have same problem when i stand i loose my vision and all senses

1. Don't Concentrate an any kind of work for very much time like PC, Laptop, Books, Smartphone... ect..
2. Bath daily @ morning
3. Aviod eating caffaine rich food like Chocolates, Coffee, Toffees, Ice-Cream.... ect..

1. Drink more water a day as u can..
2. Wash your face any time when you feel tired
3. Drink cold liquids like lemonade, Cold Water
DON'T Drink Cold Drink It's Contains CAFFAINE

I have been getting up and my eyes are getting blurred with black spots in the corner of my vision. After that happens I start to get really bad migraines and it has been happening almost everyday now whenever I get up but I haven't been to a doctor yet.
Anybody know what I can do?

I get this too but sometimes it happens when I am in a small or crowded room and my heart starts beating really fast. Also when I have been sat down for a long time and I stand up, I get so dizzy I have to either sit back down or hold onto something until the dizziness has gone. I haven't been to the doctor but I have looked few websites and most of them said it has something to do with low blood pressure. Quite a few websites told me to drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water per day and eat plenty of salt. Not sure if it is working but it's still worth a try!

The same exact thing is happening to me and I'm 13. I've got a cats an and blood tests and it was migraines. You may be having the same affects but may just be dehydration.

Hi I usually lay in my bed all day reading and when I stand up my vision go's grey and blurry and I've hd it for five days now and it's constantly happening but when I sit down it vanishes, eg I was watching my brother do something while I sat down on a chair and when I got up my vision went dark and my head hurt really bad so I had to grab the wall or I would of fallen can anyone help and tell me what's wrong with me?

I get this too, and both my mum and her mum have this.
In my family we have very low blood presure and it sounds like you may also.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: