ask: why do i get fainting dizzy spells EVERYTIME i stand up?

everytime i stand up i get really dizzy and my vision is completely black and i have to hold on to something for like 30 seconds to preven myself from collapsing. i have already seen a cardiologist i was told to drink 0 caffiene and lots of salt it helped at first but its getting worrse now, worse then before i saw the cardiogist one of the newer symtoms that makes it worse then before is after it happens i get really hot and feel clamy and my heart beats really hard and fast any advice?

thanks, katelyn

Anonymous

I get this too but sometimes it happens when I am in a small or crowded room and my heart starts beating really fast. Also when I have been sat down for a long time and I stand up, I get so dizzy I have to either sit back down or hold onto something until the dizziness has gone. I haven't been to the doctor but I have looked few websites and most of them said it has something to do with low blood pressure. Quite a few websites told me to drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water per day and eat plenty of salt. Not sure if it is working but it's still worth a try!

Anonymous

The same exact thing is happening to me and I'm 13. I've got a cats an and blood tests and it was migraines. You may be having the same affects but may just be dehydration.

Anonymous

Hi I usually lay in my bed all day reading and when I stand up my vision go's grey and blurry and I've hd it for five days now and it's constantly happening but when I sit down it vanishes, eg I was watching my brother do something while I sat down on a chair and when I got up my vision went dark and my head hurt really bad so I had to grab the wall or I would of fallen can anyone help and tell me what's wrong with me?

-viktoria

Anonymous

I get this too, and both my mum and her mum have this.
In my family we have very low blood presure and it sounds like you may also.

Anonymous

I'm a teenager and this happens to me too, I went to the doctors around 3 months ago, but they dismissed me. it's hard to describe, but all I can say is; when you stand, you suddenly starts to feel weak, you head feels light, and your vision blurs. the whole series is quite draining. I've been looking this up, as I really want to know whats wrong, and I have searched many websites. they all say similar symptoms, but differnt diagnosises, it's very confusing. I've had many days off school, because of this and I want to know what is wrong with me! please, if anyone can help...

Anonymous

Went to dr like 6 weeks ago for head/scalp pain
went to er because thought it was anyuresm. They did ct scan said it was normal. Went back to dr 3 weeks ago said its anxiety and panick. Im freaking out at this point. Was fine for a week then started back up and ears ringing got worse. I went to ent who said I have severe tmj. Then went and had wyes checked and they dialated them and said I was fine.
Went back to er for this weird head pain. They said maybe sinus because they could not do ct again.
I followed up with nuero today who said eeg was normal and that it sounds like occipital nueralgia and says I can get it treated and also said they want mri of cervical spine. I told her im still worried about anuyerm but she assured me I was fine. Here I am after a beer ears ringing loud and I feel unsteady. She said she thinks neck is injured.

Hi! Just thought I wld comment on this because my sister & I was just talking about this. She has some kind of inner ear problem. I think it's called vertigo or Ménière's disease. Anyway, she was telling me about several episodes she had where her ears wld ring bad, have anxiety bad, & headaches. So jus thought I wld share. Hope it helps.
God Bless You!

Anonymous

I'm the same way too I'm 11 please HELP this is scary

Anonymous

I have been experiencing the same things and I get headaches too I hope it isn't serious,

Anonymous

Hey, katelyn! I'm in eighth grade right now, and I've been experiencing the same stuff as you. I was wondering if you had a transient ischemic attack. When I was at a friends birthday party, I was standing up and I got really dizzy(this had never happened before), so I decided I would sit down for a few minutes until it went away, but I ended up having multiple black outs and for extended periods of time. Since then, I've had these dizzy spells whenever I stand up. I haven't seen a doctor yet, but according to the Internet, it's tracycardia. Can you help me out a bit?

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: