Start right now visualizing and setting your fat loss and weight loss goals for 2010! Keep exercising or get started exercising while you are setting those goals. There’s no reason to wait until 2010 to start exercising.
Stop thinking so much about heart rates, exercise technique, intensity, repetitions, cardio or any of that stuff. Those things do have their place but just find some fun exercises and get started already!
If you're frustrated and overwhelmed from the whole fitness and fat loss process, make changes for 2010. You can’t expect to get different results if you do the same things. You might need the help of a personal trainer to help you set realistic goals and set up an individualized exercise program and meal plan.
Refocus, re-evaluate and make changes! There's a reason your exercise program isn't working! Some reasons could be:
1. If you have been haphazard with your workouts and eating habits, you won’t make lasting progress. Have you taken 2 steps forward and 3 steps back? Consistency with your workouts pays off with progress when you comply with your meal plan at least 90% of the time.
2. You have the wrong workout routine and you're stuck doing the same workout week after week (with little or no results). Get a personal trainer to design workout routines that will work for you. You MUST train hard and smart to be successful with fat loss and weight loss!
3. To change your body’s composition to lean and toned, you have to work hard. You may need to add some intensity to your workouts. So, instead of working out for 1 hour, workout for 30 minutes at a faster pace. Research has proven that you burn more calories and fat during and after a more intense workout.
4. If you have been depending on a fat-burner supplement, powder or weight loss pill to change your body, its not going to happen! Stop wasting your money and go to work in the exercise room!
5. You have no idea why your workout program is not working! Set an appointment with a personal trainer and get help.
Make a commitment to a healthy and fit lifestyle and not just a weight loss program!