hip and groin pain..wakens me up at night ..cant lie on my side ..aches while walkin ..very sore gettin up out of chair

That is how my ankylosing spondylitus started too...including stiffness in morning and pain in my groin upon getting up from a chair at work and pain in my hips. see a rheumatologist...

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing so much pain and unable to walk or get out of a chair without discomfort. It sounds like an issue with your lower spine. It may stem from compression of a lumbar disc, and the pain indicates pressure on the nerves in area.

This is a potentially serious condition which must be evaluated by your physician.