how do i no if i fractured or just cracked a bone in my ankle

By Anonymous December 12, 2009 - 6:02am

ok i was wrestling with my friend an my foot got caught between hers and it snapped and it felt at first it was broken but i could put some presure on my ankle till i felt bad pain go through and hurts to walk i limp so does this mean i could have a broken bone in my ankle or crack and its swollen and balck and blue and some deformity by my ankle???? plzzz answer me back someone

Dear Anon

I'm sorry you're in so much pain - it's sounds miserable.

You will probably need to have an x-ray to see what damage has been done. Did you actually hear a 'snap'?

Based on the snap, the swelling, bruising and pain, a break may be quite likely and you may need a cast in order to ensure proper healing. An improperly healed bone could lead to difficulty down the road.

Please have it seen to and make will you keep us updated?