I have odd feelings of unsteadiness and a feeling of slight pressure at the right temple. I recently fractured my humerus and was totally immobile 24 hours a day for over 6 weeks. Could this return to normal be causing it?

By March 11, 2011 - 10:12am

Hi Kookey

Thanks for your questions and welcome to EmpowHER!

I'm confused as to your question. Why would you be completely immobile for 6 weeks (24 hours a day) due to a fracture in a part of your arm? Did you have major nerve damage or some other accompanying injury? If so, that may explain your head pain/gait but an arm fracture alone would not generally cause this nor would be this a part of recovery.

Can you give us more information so we can understand your question better?

I hope to hear back from you!

I had a fracture of the left humerus, which cannot be set in plaster. I had a collar and cuff to restrict the arm movement. I could not bend forward or lie down, which the doctors understood.
I could not go to bed as any kind of position with any amount of pillows would not remain in place. Even slightest movement was extremely painful and I therefore was in a chair which was the only way to stay in the one position. I could only do the basic minimum tasks such as going to the loo and making a drink, with much difficulty.

HERWriter Guide (reply to kookey)

Hi kookey

Thanks for the update; your injury sounds horrendously painful.

It's too difficult to know if your injury has any direct link to how you are feeling now. It may have but you also may be experiencing a coincidental condition that merits a call to your doctor. Please put a call in and let us know how it goes.

I hope you feel better, and soon.