i have a pain in my middlle of my back

i think at the back of my ribs as i find it very hard to put socks on or streatch my a arms out i have often had lower back pain in my lumber but this is different has been going on for about 3 weeks now

Dear Anon

Your pain could be a variety of things - from a pinched nerve, to some kind of damage to a muscle, or an injury to some part of your spine like a fracture, sprain, strain or an injured disc. It could also be a ligament injury that can take a long time to heal.

You say it happened three weeks ago. Can you recall what you were doing? Were you involved in a particular activity?

Do you see a back specialist or a chiropractor? If this pain is not leaving, you may be better off seeing someone to get to the root of the problem.

We also have a section on EmpowHer called Middle Back Pain that I'd like you to take a look at. You can find it here : http://www.empowher.com/condition/middle-back-pain

Does this help you? Are you in a position to see a health care provider for your pain?