My Right foot has started hurting a lot since last 15 days. I have done a lot of walking last few months. I am 57 yrs of age.

By Anonymous December 16, 2014 - 5:44pm

I have to stand for a long time in the kitchen and also walk every 2nd day...

Hello Anon,

Thank you for visiting the EmpowHER community and for sharing your question about foot pain!

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling pain. Can you recall if you did anything to injure your foot? Have you changed shoes?

It could be from an injury or from wearing the wrong shoes. Have you noticed any swelling or bruising?

The Mayo Clinic offers a lot of causes for foot pain. If you provide me with a bit more information, we can try to narrow down possible causes. You might also consider scheduling a doctor's appointment so that your physician can properly diagnose your condition.

In the meantime, here is a few conditions to consider:

Injury, overuse, or conditions causing inflammation involving any of the bones, ligaments or tendons in the foot can cause foot pain. Arthritis is a common cause of foot pain. Injury to the nerves of the feet may result in intense burning pain, numbness or tingling (peripheral neuropathy).

Some common causes of foot pain include:

Achilles tendinitis

Achilles tendon rupture

Avulsion fracture: How is it treated?

Bone spurs

Broken ankle/broken foot

Broken toe

Complex regional pain syndrome

Corns and calluses

Diabetic neuropathy

Hammertoe and mallet toe

High heels or poorly fitting shoes

Ingrown toenails

Morton's neuroma

Paget's disease of bone

Peripheral neuropathy

Plantar fasciitis

Plantar warts

Rheumatoid arthritis

Septic arthritis

Stress fractures

Tarsal tunnel syndrome

Anon, here is also some information from the EmpowHER community on foot pain

Did this help?

At present, I wish to post anonymously...However, if I recover, I shall make it public so that others too can benefit from that...